Sunday, June 23, 2013

A perfect moment in little Italy

If you have ever been to New York City you understand this picture rather well.
I like to come to New York for the adventure of it all and to find an amazing little tucked away place that just absolutely perfect. It seems I spend a lot of money and a good amount of time exploring New York looking for that perfect opportunity and that perfect moment. Don't get me wrong we have a good time along the way, but it's hard because of course there are literally millions of other people in the city perhaps doing the same thing as well. You're just looking for that perfect moment in time that spot out of the way place where life and environment and circumstance and timing all come together. 
If you bring your family into in the city it makes it even harder to find something magical in the moment.  Between taking care of all of the safety needs the food needs transportation needs and in general holding the whining and fussing at bay... It seems like you're too tired out to even fight for that spot.  And so I really wasn't trying, but God smiled on me just the same.  Because we walked into a quiet little section of Little Italy where the gelato and Italian ice was wonderful with a little private street side seating area for us to sit as a family just us; nobody else.  And for about 10 minutes everything was just perfect.  And in all reality these are the reasons that I like to explore the city that's perfect little moments and really I think it's actually worth the effort... And I hope my kids do as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment